We have a singular focus at Metia: to do exceptional work, designing and delivering the best marketing solutions in the world. Our goal is to create amazing experiences, ignite conversations, activate communities, inform customers and influence decision makers.
Our team is key and that’s why we hire the best people in the business. Metia employees are fantastic communicators, creative, with a positive attitude and a passion for great client service.
We are looking for a Project Manager to assist in the management of multiple concurrent projects of different sizes while managing day to day team resourcing. You will autonomously manage your projects, including gathering requirements, ensuring approved briefs are provided, creating and maintaining detailed project plans, ensuring work is delivered on time, within budget and with outstanding results, and managing post project review processes. You will require a high degree of attention to detail and great communication skills. You will be measured on the success of each project.
This is a role working closely with other Project Managers, Designers, Developers, Writers and Account Teams.
The Day Job
- Plan and manage projects, including lining up appropriate resources based on client requirements.
- Identify, engage and coordinate external suppliers as and when needed to support in-house resources and fulfil project needs.
- Gather project requirements, define project scope, and identify key deliverables, goals and success criteria.
- Ensure appropriate project documentation is in place and stored appropriately, including approved briefs.
- Ensure project deliverables have gone through appropriate internal reviews before being presented to the client to ensure high standards of quality.
- Monitor progress of projects against agreed milestones and provide regular updates to both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Monitor project budgets and levels of resources, flagging risks and enforcing change control procedure where appropriate.
- Manage resourcing for smaller ad-hoc tasks in a timely manner; be pro-active in picking up new project requests.
- Maintain internal resources planner with a long term view, ensuring no scheduling conflicts occur and effectively communicating any issues.
- Run project retrospectives, and ensure lessons learned are recorded and kept in mind for future work.
- Compile project estimates by gathering requirements and working closely with the Creative and Account Teams to determine costs for new projects.
- Assist with creating project proposals.
- Be pro-active in identifying and suggesting ways to improve processes, enabling best practices across the team.
- Support freelancer management process, including ensuring contracts are in place and keeping database up to date.
- Minimum 2yrs experience delivering creative projects.
- Continual desire to learn and improve. Someone who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Ambitious and committed project manager.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and people skills. Teamwork, responsiveness, and initiative are also needed.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities, adapt to rapid changes in a positive manner and work to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work successfully with people face-to-face as well as on the phone or over email.
- The ability to be collaborative and comfortable working as a team as well as independently.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a passion for delivering quality work.
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience working on projects that use Microsoft software (Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive etc.).
- Previous experience working in an agency environment.
- Using content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Umbraco) or CRMs (e.g. HubSpot, Marketo).
- Photoshop and / or InDesign knowledge.
Life at Metia
Metia has a down-to-earth and professional approach to marketing and technology that is aligned to a results-oriented work ethic. Our objective is to create and maintain a working atmosphere that is challenging and rewarding.
Initiative is encouraged and rewarded, and there are no constraints to personal achievement. We remain committed to developing and extending our service offerings, and training our staff in anticipation of future industry developments. If you relish change, enjoy new challenges and seek to excel at your profession, this is the environment for you.
Because we value people as our greatest resource, Metia employees enjoy an exceptional benefits package. In addition to a competitive salary, our package includes four weeks of paid vacation (as well as paid holidays and personal days off), 100% employer paid healthcare, an annual bonus program, training budget, and more.
Apply for this position at our London office.